Urban Refuge Church Position Opening
Urban Refuge Church Coordinator – Job Description
Reports to: Pastor Andy Gray
● The primary focus of this role is to assist in the implementation of ministry initiatives of the pastors, hub leaders, and volunteer leaders.
● Manage communications surrounding events and programs.
● Routinely update ministry and small group leader lists and send necessary communication for Leadership Team Meetings.
● Work with UR social media volunteer, UR Leadership Staff, and designer to have a better and more consistent social media presence – including Weekend Series launches, ongoing “looks into” the UR church, and various video testimonies.
● Seek and record testimonies of God at work at the UR.
● Assist Leadership Staff with various project implementation.
● Create action plans to implement and roll out activities and events.
● Work in collaboration with the Hub, Small Group, and Ministry Leaders, Volunteers, and Office Staff as needed.
● Follow through on obtaining necessary information from leadership staff and volunteers to execute initiatives in a timely & effective matter.
● Contact first time visitors and help them figure out how to get networked into the UR small group and ministries.
● Prepare materials and coordinate meals and reminders for monthly Leadership Team Meetings. Take and distribute meeting minutes.
● Coordinate reminders and prepare materials and agenda with the leadership staff for monthly Hub Meetings. Take and distribute meeting minutes.
● Manage annual Calendar and ensure annual events are planned.
● Create content for Gathering Space monitors on Sunday.
● Meet with pastors regularly.
● Meet with and help cultivate other organizers and administrators to volunteer.
● Develop systems that provide practical means for engaging volunteers.
● Work with office to maintain office supplies inventory at the UR by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
● Regular attendance on Sunday morning church.
● Ability to plan and manage details to accomplish various initiatives to completion.
● Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines.
● Must be flexible in work hours, evening and weekend initiatives occur on a regular basis.
● Must have strong and comprehensive organizational skills and good competency with Microsoft Office programs and capacity to learn Planning Center platform.
● Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
● Must be flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
● Team player.
● Support the leadership team and honor the core values of the Urban Refuge Church.
● Have a demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ and maintain a Christian reputation as described in our membership manual. Personal conduct, including online, must be consistent with the values and mission of the Urban Refuge.
● Demonstrated understanding of the dynamics involved in being a part of a multi-ethnic, multi-economic and multi-political church community. Bridge-building is emphasized.